Warner Brothers’ highly anticipated release of The Exorcist on Blu-ray is right around the corner (released October 5th) and some of the special features are springing up online.
Fathom Events are behind the one-night-only special screening of The Exorcist Director’s Cut (formally The Version You’ve Never Seen) on September 30 (Click here to get your tickets!) and to help spread the word they’ve released this exclusive video from the Blu-ray.
The video shows director William Friedkin talking about the first scene he cut from the film back in 1973, and why he put it back in for the 2000 re-release (presumably from the new documentary Faces of Evil: The Different Versions of The Exorcist).
Also, over at Chud, catch exclusive video of cinematographer Owen Roizman talking about how he secretly had to obtain the behind the scenes footage we’ll be able to enjoy on the Blu-ray.
The Friedkin video is embedded below, along with a recap of the Blu-ray features. Don’t forget to pre-order your Blu-ray of The Exorcist via this link and support The Exorcist Fansite!
Disc 1: Extended Director’s Cut
– New 3-part documentary on the movie’s production and legacy “ for the first time, relive the actual on-set filming of classic scenes via never-before-seen set footage: Raising Hell: Filming The Exorcist, The Exorcist Locations: Georgetown Then and Now and Faces of Evil: The Different Versions of The Exorcist.
– Commentary by director William Friedkin
Disc 2: Original theatrical version
– 2 commentaries: 1) director William Friedkin, 2) producer/screenwriter William Peter Blatty, plus sound effects tests
– Introduction by William Friedkin
– Feature-length 1998 documentary The Fear of God: The Making of The Exorcist
– Interview gallery covering the topics: the original cut, the final reckoning and stairway to heaven
– Original ending and more