St. Michael

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Karris’s Dream #15053
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Hmmm. Sums it up pretty much. Very good. I don’t think I could of answered any better . Well, I guess it kinda wraps up this post. 🙂

    in reply to: Favorite images of THE EXORCIST (and sequels) #15052
    St. Michael
    Participant

    My favorite image belongs in The Exorcist.
    :Reagan kneeling on her bed, arms out stretched over her head with the staute of Pazuzu behind her.

    in reply to: boy this sucks… #15022
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Looks good to me.

    in reply to: what are you listening to right now? #15021
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I love Natalie. What happened to her last album? She had one good track on it. Oh well.

    in reply to: Heretic Fan Roll Call!!! #15019
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I’m a huge fan of Heretic. Linda Blair looks absolutely marvelous!!
    Let’s hear it…. doesn’t the scene where Richard (am I sober yet) Burton steps on the spikes in that pond to, I think it was test his faith, make you cring? It does for me.
    Come on, is it really that bad?

    in reply to: test footage and new edition #14947
    St. Michael
    Participant

    From your mouth to Pazuzu’s ears!

    in reply to: Original film E3 Legion #14946
    St. Michael
    Participant

    So ummm…. was the guy in the padded cell Damien Karris or the Gemini Killer?

    in reply to: TVYNS/Director’s Cut a mystery whodunnit? #14945
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I think that the sub-title “The Version You’ve Never Seen” works so much better than “Director’s Cut” for this particular film.
    When I saw the phrase The Version You’ve Never Seen I immediately thought, my god I have to relive this nightmare again? (not that it was a problem) What other horrors will I see? I don’t think Director’s Cut would of done it for me. I mean I still would of seen the film…

    in reply to: pyschological #14944
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Dude, I can’t imagine anybody other than Jason Miller in the role of Father Damien Karris.
    Also, I agree completely with you:
    “There are some exceptions, like Kidman in The Others, Willis in The Sixth Sense, Gibson in Signs”

    in reply to: pyschological #14922
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Hey granville1, you are not in the minority. I like the film, don’t get me wrong but it seems to me that The Omen has that “Hollywood Chock Full O’ Stars Summer/Holiday Weekend Blockbuster” written all over it.
    You may laugh but Mr. Peck, Ms. Remick, Mr. Warner were probably still bankable when this came out.

    in reply to: Rob Zombie Re-Imagines Halloween #14924
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Halloween should be left alone! What can Zombie do to this film that wasn’t done anywhere else before? More buckets of gore perhaps? Gimme a break! It’s shit like this that makes it very hard for me to watch “new” horror films of today.

    in reply to: Movies worth watching? #14925
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Caught Sweet Hostage on TNT one night. Copied it to video and then made the transfer to DVD-R. It’s butchered…. but it’s mine! All mine. 🙂

    in reply to: pyschological #14936
    St. Michael
    Participant

    You’re right. For me, I have no sense of dread whatsoever when I see a “star” cast in the lead of any flick. I just know he/she’s going to save the day so the series can continue.
    But with The Exorcist and with the above mentioned male cast, I still feel (even though I’ve seen this film umpthteen times) like there’s no relief in sight.

    in reply to: Rob Zombie Re-Imagines Halloween #14937
    St. Michael
    Participant

    For me, Halloween still works. We could possibly say that we know a ‘Laurie Strode’ or that we know someone who kinda resembles her friends.
    It’s a possible very real setting and situation. Has it dated? Maybe. The clothing styles of the youths at the time are very 70’s. But the things they do are still happening now. So what Carpenter didn’t overwhelm us with blood and guts. He didn’t need to…. you know why? Because there was a story there. Here is one film that didn’t need gore and cgi to sell it.
    The original Halloween is today still spooky in my book, doesn’t need a reimaging (sorry Mr. Zombie and all you other hanks out there looking for a spot in Hollywood by taking the horror route but there are films that shouldn’t be fucked with). It was made right the first time. And it is watched every Halloween night in my house hold. Sorry for the ranting… shit pisses me off thats all. Jeez, what’s next?…. The Exorcist?

    in reply to: Beautiful? #14926
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I think she looks her sexiest around that Sweet Hostage/Exorcist 2 time frame. IMHO.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)