St. Michael

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Ultimate Exorcist(My Edit) #14513
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I know I’m gonna catch alot of heat for this but…. Me personally, The Exorcist is stand alone. The other “chapters” are so embarrassing that they should of never been made. I have to agree with Ghetto, as I’ve done before, the ending was good as it was. There should be no wrap-up. No “happy endings” to make everyone feel safe. Thats demon is still out there.

    in reply to: Ultimate Exorcist(My Edit) #14501
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Like your cut Ghetto, but…

    1. I liked everything in the first Doctor’s exam. Even Reagan laying on the eam table, starring off at the ceiling and our first glimpse of the “face of death” (thats what I call it). Loved that.
    2. I too felt that all that new sublim imagery all around the house was uncalled for. Loved the spider walk but the blood spitting up… I don’t know about that one. Even the flickering tongue thing and the crawling around on the floor is a bit comical for me. It almost looks as if Sharon is laughing (if you watch the scene in the special features section).
    3. I stated before that I didn’t like the image of Karris’s mothers ghostly image over the window. What does it have to do with anything thats going on in the room? And we don’t even know if his mother in fact made it to “heaven”!! I thought that whole scene was just dumb.
    4. I didn’t care for the extra ending either. I also loved that fact that in the original it was left open. I don’t want and ending… or a story line the wraps up so neatly. I don’t care, that demon (I hated that they gave it a name as well. I think it’s much more freightening that we don’t know what happened, who did what or will it happen again). The unknown is very very scary people!!

    in reply to: Ultimate Exorcist(My Edit) #14502
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I should correct myself…
    On line 4. I stated I don’t care that demon(I hated that they gave it a name as well. I think it’s much more freightening that we don’t know what happened, who did what or will it happen again)is still out there. The unknown is very very scary people!! And just because Karris fell to his death doesn’t mean it’s all over.

    in reply to: Movies worth watching? #14414
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Savage Streets was ok. I like my women to kick ass and Linda does just that!

    in reply to: Favorite Scene/Movie #14413
    St. Michael
    Participant

    My favorite movie scene:

    Eros explaining how the idiots of Earth will stumble upon Solarinite and use it to destory everything in the universe! Classic stuff my friends!

    Plan Nine From Outer Space

    in reply to: TCM. Original or Remake? #14412
    St. Michael
    Participant

    My heart belongs to the original. Altho the remake wasn’t that bad.

    “Do you like head-cheese? My brother makes it real good!”

    in reply to: (video) 1973 cinema footage! #14411
    St. Michael
    Participant

    WOW!!!! Great stuff. Thanks!

    in reply to: Damien’s Father #14364
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Giving more thought into Damien’s dad. I think that Damien’s father was a respectful and hard working immigrant. He lived with his wife, loved her and raised his family in that apartment and in that part of Manhattan (the streets didn’t always look that way. The neighborhood had to be better in the old days). And I honestly feel that’s one of the reasons why Damien’s mom also didn’t want to leave. There are too many memories of her and her husbands life together attached to it. I don’t know, she looked pretty happy to me just sitting there listening to the radio. To us and Damien, yeah, it looks heartbreaking, but to Mrs. Karris….. you have to agree, she was happy.

    in reply to: From book to Friedkin/Blatty adaptation #14361
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I felt that the subplot with Karl and his daughter slowed the book down. And It’s strange that the whole “Who put the crucifix under the pillow?” was left in the film when it didn’t really add anything. Whereas in the book there’s alittle more to it (if I remember correctly).

    in reply to: Which version is better? #14360
    St. Michael
    Participant

    It’s not in TVYNS. Bad job.

    in reply to: Which version is better? #14359
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I posted about this specific sound sublim before (way back when the Captain Howdy site was just a baby) and I gotta admit it’s friggin spooky
    The raspy breathing, obviously Reagans, that you hear when Lt. Kinderman is at the bottom of the steps looking at the little clay figure (just before entering the MacNeil residence). Jeez, listen carefully, that’s Reagan breathing.

    in reply to: Welcome Back #14332
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Welcome back Captain Howdy. It’s been a very long time since I’ve posted….

    in reply to: Cabin Fever #14338
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I got it sitting on the shelf here. My wife watched it. She didn’t think much of it. I guess when I get the chance I’ll have a look see.

    in reply to: Which version is better? #14337
    St. Michael
    Participant

    I gotta go with the original version. Alot of the subliminal sounds are gone in TVYNS.

    in reply to: Dominion or ETB? #14336
    St. Michael
    Participant

    Both are very hard to watch and I love junk film too.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)