Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
St. Michael
ParticipantHey Father, you are a poet! I could not agree with you more!!
St. Michael
ParticipantWife and I just started to go through The Omen Trilogy + one and I hope I don’t step on any toes or hurt any feelings but we just could not get through Damien: Omen II without nodding off. What a friggin’ boring film.
My wife says that I ripped her off 107m. of her life and she wants it back. Now it’s the doghouse for me!!! Thanks Damien!St. Michael
ParticipantI must agree, Japanese Horror is all that at the moment.
But you wanna talk about “pyschological” here’s one… Clarice Starling conversing with Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Their first session was fantastic. The over-the-shoulder-point-of-view and looking-in-the-camera was incredible.St. Michael
Participant…. THE MYSTERY OF FAITHâ€. Faith stirs in Karras because of the tapes –
Hey granville1, good job by you. I didn’t see that.
St. Michael
ParticipantYeah! Hey, Tyler, that was a great movie by the way!! I didn’t even know that that was C. Thomas Howell. Completely fooled me. 😉
If my fellow Reaganettes haven’t see it yet…. it’s a keeper!! A must see!!!
SoulMan. Starring “the next Olivier” C. Thomas Howell.St. Michael
ParticipantVery interesting M.I.K.E.
Seriously, your statements about Dominion “putting up a fight…[which] damn near kills himâ€? were well very well explained. In essence, it could have happened just as you discribed! I never thought of it that way. In so much as I like to dissect The Exorcist, looking for sublims here and there, I might have, and my reasons are so valid, because of the treatments given to Exorcists sequels and 1st prequel, prejudged this film. I know I went into it, after seeing the first prequel, with a predetermined mind. That much is true, I will confess. I shall “empty my cup” and give it it’s second viewing. It is only fair. 😉
Your further statements about the director and his production from Dominion are true. From reading various articles, I know how much Schrader wanted to handle his film with the respect it deserves.
My faith has been restored. Thank you M.I.K.E. for showing me a side of this film, I have not given a chance to look at.St. Michael
Participant…tell that to George Romero’s Zombies. 😉
St. Michael
ParticipantNot trying to step on any toes here, I know how sometimes people try to look for a silver lining in things, but I can’t see how anyone can get excited or be happy with any version of both of these films!
I think for me, and I know I expect to much sometimes, but after watching the first few moments of The Exorcist, and seeing the look on Father Merrin’s face as he clears away the dry earth from that little statue’s face that was dug up… I don’t know about you people but to me Father Merrin looked like he was gonna shit himself. He looked as if he was totally flung into ‘his worst nightmare’ (and he was)!!!!
Which brings me to my question, where in any of those “2 version films” do you get the impression the Father Merrin is putting up a fight for his life against this demon, such as the one we witnessed in the first film (remember the one against Reagan)?
In which film does the exorcism “damn near kill him”?
I said it before, in this day and age of sequels and prequels and reimaginings and remakes (jeez, gimme a brake)- some movies should just be left alone! I’m sorry if I hurt anybodies feelings, but these are just my opinions and I needed to rant.St. Michael
ParticipantI know that the medal makes it’s way through out the film. Merrin has it in the beginning. We see it falling to the ground in Karris dream. Then it’s pulled from his neck at the end by Reagan. Am I missing any?
I can see it “falling” in his dream and being “yanked off” his neck at the end of the exorcism, but I don’t think it links because, again, in the dream it’s falling. We never see it being pulled from Damien’s neck. So I would assume that maybe the falling of the medal in his dream would symbolize his falling out of ‘faith’ in Christ.
I also think that it wasn’t really that much for the demon to pull it from his neck (it didn’t burn Reagan’s hand when she touched it so I think the demon could of possessed Karris at any moment), but at the same time it could also mean how the demon yanked the faith, cause you need that to perform a successful exorcism, right from Karris by tormenting him about this mother. Hope I made some sense!St. Michael
Participant70’s soul and 70’s rock are my favorites. Other than that, whatever I’m in the mood for.
St. Michael
ParticipantHey Heli, while I respect everyone’s opinions at Captain Howdy’s forum, I really don’t understand what you mean but I can tell you this, Damien Karris was a priest first. The church sent him to schools to study to be a psychiatrist.
St. Michael
ParticipantI always thought of Jason as the “ghost” (so to speak) of Camp Crystal Lake. I know so much has been done to the character as far as being killed to death (literally)…
St. Michael
Participant“Yipee-kai-yah! Motherfucker!!
St. Michael
ParticipantThe first one for me. The others just weren’t spooky enough for me.
St. Michael
ParticipantHey Justin, that’s a really great looking cover!
Oh and Slasher, bootlegging makes the world go ’round my friend! So everybody bootleg with someone you love today! -
AuthorPosts
CaptainHowdy.com The #1 Exorcist Fansite Since 1999