Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Jenny
ParticipantNever heard of them! What sort of music is it?
Jenny
ParticipantThanks Rob. I must check them all out. I have seen up to number 3 and from what I remember (as it was years ago that I saw them!) number 2 was my fave. As it explained more about where they came from. Or am I thinking of 3? Not sure now! Will definatly try to watch them all.
Jenny
ParticipantCool clip. I thought I had seen all of the Simpsons but never saw that one! I will have to keep my eye out for it.
Jenny
Participantcontact@captainhowdy.com There you go. That should get there! Good luck!
Jenny
ParticipantExcellent. Cant wait for that Justin.
Jenny
ParticipantOh wow! I feel out of the loop cos I didnt even know they went up to number 8!
Jenny
ParticipantThanks guys for agreeing with me about Saw being an original horror. I still keep racking my brains for rip offs but cant think of any. Vess, please put me out of my misery and also create a good starting point for a debate!!! As a woman, I love a good argument!
Jenny
ParticipantWow I guess you didnt like Saw then! What films did it plagiarise? Cos I was under the impression it was quite original. I didnt notice any other films being ripped off.
Jenny
ParticipantJust an idea, but I am wondering if the falling medal in Damians dream was a kind of symbolic prophesy. Remember as he was telling the demon to ”come into me”, it only came in when it had ripped off his medallion. Maybe it was the demon who was kinda inside his head and sending him these thoughts. A priest probably feels a little naked without his roman collar, maybe Damian felt that way about his medallion. He was suffering with his faith anyway and the demon knew how to make priests doubt. Possibly thats why it meant so much for Father Dyer to have it cos he knew how much the medallion represented to him. Does that make sense?
Jenny
ParticipantI am not sure that I understand quite what you mean Heli. I am just speculating on what I feel Damians father was like, whether he was a priest himself or not. (I think not). And his Mothers reasons for being the way she was with Damian and her life.
Jenny
ParticipantI dont think it is particularily scary but the words sick, twisted and evil spring to mind!
Jenny
ParticipantI agree with St Michael (cool name as it is my husbands! Though not the St bit!) There was only ever one demon. The voices it came out with were just to confuse and demorilize. I also think that Damians father died when he was young. He was probably an immigrant who was deeply religious like his wife. Maybe had aspirations to be a priest himself but couldnt because he had to support his family so couldnt follow that path. Possibly died when Damian was 10 or so and passed on his beliefs and desires to Damian who entered the priesthood as a way of carrying on his fathers dream. Possibly why he became a psychiatrist as maybe he felt that the calling to priesthood was based on his Fathers wants rather than his own. His Mother probably encouraged him and was obviously of the mind that the man is the head of the house etc etc. With her husbands passing, she transferred her devotion to her son. Her later life obviously revolved around Damian but also her husbands memory which gives credence to her refusal to leave her apartment and area that she lived in. I feel I shall start babbling and repeating myself soon so I will pass back to you guys!
Jenny
ParticipantNot wanting to start a posting war but I was under the impression that Jason never really died. A lot of people tied to kill him but he always seemed to come back to life. Actually never saw number 6 so cant comment on that one!
Jenny
ParticipantI am curious as to your comments about Saw being cliched. What other film could you compare it to? There was no plot that could be attributed to other horror films. No serial killer stalking teens. No axe weilding psychos. No demons, werewolves or vampires. I am puzzled Justin. And Slash, I agree. They could go a lot further with these!
Jenny
ParticipantI think I would have to go with Jason too cos as much as the first Freddy scared me, they got lame real quick. Whereas Jason managed to hold on a bit longer. And I agree with the silent thing. Freddys one liners are a bit much and you always know where he is. Jason on the other is very creepy and you can never be sure where he is and if he will turn up. I think in a fight Jason would win cos he comes back time after time (realistic–no, but hey its horror!) so that makes him a hard nutjob. Whereas Freddy is actually dead (I think!) and only comes through dreams.
-
AuthorPosts
CaptainHowdy.com The #1 Exorcist Fansite Since 1999