Father Merrin

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Your collection? #15548
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Looking at the above list I’m not sure what I’ve got even counts as a collection:)

    Some of my items aren’t Exorcist merchandise, but I hope you’ll forgive me for including them as I feel they are directly related to the film.

    Here we go…

    ———————————-
    Movies
    ———————————-

    – The Exorcist 25th Anniversary DVD
    – The Version You’ve Never Seen DVD
    – The Ninth Configuration DVD
    – The Exorcist III DVD
    – Dominion DVD
    – In The Grip Of Evil VHS
    – Repossessed VHS

    ———————————-
    Books etc
    ———————————-

    – The Exorcist Novel (paperback)
    – Legion Novel(hardback)
    – The “Exorcist” (BFI Modern Classics S.) by Mark Kermode
    – Posssessed, by Thomas Allen (paperback)

    ———————————-
    CD
    ———————————-

    – Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield

    in reply to: Did you know… #15396
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    LOL!!! Let this be a lesson to us all… JUSTIN IS EVERYWHERE!!!:)

    in reply to: Dominion version of Pazuzu has been found in Exorcist 2 #15395
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Excellent find hatter76. I’m not sure it’s enough to tempt me to watch that film again though:) Maybe I will, I haven’t seen it for about 10 years, maybe it’s not as bad as I remembered it… But I doubt it:)

    in reply to: what are you listening to right now? #15301
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Thom Yorke – The Eraser

    in reply to: My Space #15271
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Hey Jenny, thanks for putting up your link, here’s mine http://www.myspace.com/johnoshea. Like Jenny if anyone wants to add me please send a hello so I know who you are:)

    in reply to: Real Life Exorcism Footage #15207
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Hi granville1, thanks for the background on this clip. I myself am in no way convinced by it, to be honest I doubt demonic possession even exists.

    The reason I posted it was because I was bored one afternoon & remembered there was an audio file of a “real” exorcism posted on Bloodynews & I thought it’d be cool to find some video footage. So I typed “real life exorcism footage” & this site came up.

    I totally agree with you that they make these claims of “levitation” and “walking on water” but they didn’t think it was important enough to film, yet they have footage of her doing a little jig:)

    O well, I’m sure something decent will show up one of these days. Apparently there’s footage on the net of case in the 1970’s where a Turkish girl was possessed by the devil. Maybe I’ll find something there:)

    Jenny, I also had trouble with it. It’s a bit temperament but it should work if you stick with it.

    in reply to: Original film E3 Legion #15182
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    I must admit to being a conflicted with the film. Blatty if he had his way would no doubt have made a film that had more in common with TNC than The Exorcist, in how it delt with the subject matter of good & evil etc.

    Having seen the Hi-Res version of the EIII clip I think if the studio had presured Blatty from the start to have more scares & shocks in the film instead of coming in at the end & screwing it all up the film could have been a lot better.

    I feel a bit conflicted saying this because of the prequals & the negative influence the studios had on both films. However much I would like to see Blatty’s “Legion” I get the feeling it would of been a theological thriller & that just wouldn’t satisfy me as an Exorcist fan. If the studios have pressured him from the start Blatty could have made the changes in the script making the story work & more scary & then we could of ended up with another great theological horror film, which I is what The Exorcist is… i think:)

    in reply to: The HIGH RES Legion Morph Trailer #15181
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    That was The Bollocks. I’m so glad I can now watch that properlly now when ever I like.

    Nice one.

    in reply to: Favorite Musicgenre? #14725
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Rock N Roll for me. I love it. Anything from Elvis to Marilyn Manson & everything inbetween.

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14671
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Hi hatter76, I think the best thing to do where possible is just delete the poor CGI scenes & try & replace them with something else. That light of god clip was very good.

    in reply to: From book to Friedkin/Blatty adaptation #14655
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    The one scene that springs to mind is the hypnotism scene. In the book it was much longer. All that “Do you hate her? YES” “You wish to harm her? YES” “To kill her? Yes”. When I read that part in the book it really gives me the creeps, it was a shame it was not in the film.

    in reply to: (video) Behind the scenes of Dominion #14654
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    nice one

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14653
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Hi hatter76, I wish you all the best with you fan edit. I’ve delved into that area a couple of times myself so I know what you’re going through.

    The only scenes I can think of editing are the 1st hyena scene, the CGI snake & maybe a bit of slow mo at the end of the exorcism where Cheche is recoiling from the holywater. They’re the majour ones of the top of my head, I’m sure theres a few smaller edits that can be made.

    in reply to: Dominion or ETB? #14651
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Dominion is flawed but it’s a much better film than ETB. I only watched ETB because I had waited so long for the prequal, but I did feel quite dirty after watching it.

    in reply to: Which version is better? #14650
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    It’s got to be the original everytime for me. TVYNS is too heavey handed with it’s subliminals & it’s attempt to explain everything undermines the movie. Where as the original poses only questions & allows the viewer to reach their own conclusions & thoughts.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)