Father Merrin

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: best exorcist book #20207
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    I’m sure many people here on the forum will agree you can’t go wrong with Mark Kermode.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exorcist-BFI-Modern-Classics/dp/0851709672/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208274691&sr=8-2

    I can’t remember if it deals with the sequals, but it’s a great place to start in you want to learn about the exorcist in depth.

    in reply to: The Exorcist Blsphemes the HOLY GHOST of GOD #19685
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    What sums this person up for me is that they posted their sanctimonious comment & then refused to engage in a discussion.

    I bet this person hasn’t even seen the film, it’s usually ignorant religious nutters like this that use the blasphemy argument agaisn’t The Exorcist.

    I bet this moron even thinks Monty Python’s Life of Brian is blasphemous.

    O by the way Glynisbethel, it’s Blasphemes not Blsphemes. Clearly your extensive education has prepared you well for the outside world.

    in reply to: The Exorcist Fan Edit. #19600
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    LOL!!!

    The Exorcist for me is sacred ground & therefore I will never take a knife to it. Fair enough if I ever did make an edit (Which I won’t) the only thing I would add for definite would be The Spider Walk & possibly “Thank God, my will is weak”. Apart from those 2 scenes I really can’t think what else to do with it. But, like I said I aint gonna edit it, but there’s instructions on the site for anyone who might want to.

    Regarding what other flicks I’ve edited if you look at the main page my name is on the right hand side under Faneditors, where you’ll find all the films I’ve edited.:)

    in reply to: The Exorcist Fan Edit. #19598
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    I’m an Fan Editor at that site (Having edited TE & TE III into one film) & there’s a few ways to download movies there. But, you can’t download any movie unless you own the original. It’s a legal thing. 🙂

    in reply to: Exorcist Remake PROS and CONS discussion #19597
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    PROS:
    Instead of making it closer to the novel, maybe this could be an oppertunity to re-make the film with a fresh modern view. Making the film more relevant to todays cinema goers.

    This may also revitalise the franchise & could get Morgan Creek to release Legion.

    CON:
    From an English perspective, living in a secular country I can’t see a re-make having the same deep in grained impact on people like the oringinal had.

    Even if someone does make a re-make as good as the original, due to “tortue porn” films being so popular I doubt the re-make would scare anyone. People are to desensitized today.

    in reply to: Possessed (2000) #19591
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Possessed is bloody aweful. Seriously Father_Lamont you life will not be enchanced in anyway if you see this film. The best thing you can do is forget you ever heard about it.

    in reply to: Exorcist 3 & Dominion Edits #17789
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Blizzi here’s the link to the film through Rapidshare if that’s any help.

    American Exorcist Goes Amazon

    in reply to: Closure to the Karras/Merrin “Exorcist” debate: #17790
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    I must admit I always thought it was Merrin who was the Exorcist. Aswell as the trailers showing Merrin being the exorcist, in the film itself where the two priests are discussing who should do the exorcism one of them says “should have someone with experience”. So it is difficult at first glance to consider Karras as the exorcist.

    in reply to: Exorcist 3 & Dominion Edits #17484
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    It’s totally free. The thing is you can only register on specific days, it was Fridays but they’ve changed it.

    Here’s what they say on it:

    “We will be changing the open registration schedule for now on. We have not yet decided, but it will probably will be open 2 or 3 consecutive days, once per month. We’ll inform you here when we decide.”

    in reply to: Kermode’s review of The Beginning #17329
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    I guess he didn’t like it then:)

    in reply to: Exorcist 3 & Dominion Edits #17259
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Hey guys. I’ve been getting some positive feedback on a fanedit site I shared my edit with & I was curious as to whether anyone here has seen it.

    It’d be cool to hear what an Exorcist fan makes of it.

    in reply to: Exorcist 3 & Dominion Edits #17163
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    All done.

    Here’s the demonoid torrent.
    http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1250250/?rel=1184450460

    I won’t start seeding until tomorrow morning when I’ll seed it all day. I just wanted to get the torrent up & ready now I’ve finished the film.

    For those who don’t know, the general fan edit rule is that you must own the original film to download a fan edit.

    in reply to: Exorcist 3 & Dominion Edits #17149
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Thanks for the heads up on the spelling. I copied & pasted bits from the web so I’ll check them out.

    Regarding the names I’m just calling them:
    Dominion: The Fr Merrin Edition
    Exorcist III: The Fr Karras Edition

    I did flirt with the “LEGION” title but I just thought that would imply my edit was going to be how Blatty originaly intended the movie to be like, which it isn’t.

    I’ve kinda worked out what Karras scenes I’m using from The Exorcist which I think will make sense to the edited story.

    I’m undecided about doing my Dominion edit though. I mean there’s lots of Karras stuff in The Exorcist to use but not much of Merrin apart from the exorcism & I’m not sure it’ll work.

    But we’ll see “in time”. I’ll release E3 tomorrow & if there’s a general agreement that it worked OK I’ll have a crack at Dominion.

    in reply to: Pan’s Labyrinth #16983
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    I watched Devil’s Backbone for the first time yesterday & I thought it was excellent. It was a proper ghost story in my opinion.

    Not necessarly a scary film but I think most other films try to hard with the horror side of things & then the film falls apart. This film works brilliantly on all levels.

    I agree that Devil’s Backbone has a similar feel to Dominion. But like ManInKhakiExorcist said I’m not sure sure Del Toro would of made the film scarier as he would of been working with the same script.

    in reply to: New scans! #16982
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    That 1st Legion book is seriously trippy man. The version I’ve got is that yellow hardback.

    Thanks very much Blizzi for those scans, it’s an excellent contribution to the forum.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)