Father Merrin

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Saw 1 & 2 #16932
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    I’ve only seen Saw 1 & I thought it sucked. It felt like it was made by a 15 year old who was trying to out do SEVEN. For me it wasn’t scary, clever, deep or original.

    *SPOILERS*

    I mean that bit at the end where the guy chops his hand off, that was so dumb. Espcially when the other guy at the start of the film took off his jacket to get something. Just dumb.

    in reply to: when the demon enters karras why then?… #16923
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Basically.

    1. Karras gets possessed by Pazuzu.
    2. This makes his eyes go yellow.
    3. Karras drives out Pazuzu.
    4. This makes his eyes go normal.

    5. The devil then puts the Gemini into Karras before he dies as revenge.
    6. Not sure if his eyes go yellow again. They probably do. 🙂

    Hope this helps.

    in reply to: question about exorcist III legion special edition dvd #16922
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Can’t wait for this. As Captain said it’s unlikely Legion will ever be released, I think the only person who has seen Legion other than Blatty is Mark Kermode. But, I’d be happy if they released some deleted scenes. If they’re good enough, a fan edit closer to Legion might even be possible. I think that’s the best we can really hope for.

    in reply to: Rank The Entire Franchise #16764
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    I think Ghetto is being slighty harsh, but I can see where he’s coming from.

    Thanks Father Lamont for that detailed description. Are both versions on DVD?

    in reply to: Articles on Exorcisms & Satanism #16715
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Here’s a interesting link to the real story of Emily Rose (Anneliese Michel)

    http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/emilyrose.php

    There’s a couple of small audio clips & some shocking pictures. That poor girl was seriously ill.

    in reply to: Rank The Entire Franchise #16706
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    1. The Exorcist (Original)
    2. The Exorcist III
    3. Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist
    4. The Exorcist (TVYNS)
    5. Exorcist II (Theatrical Version)
    6. Exorcist II (John Boorman Re-Cut)
    7. Exorcist: The Beginning

    I must make a small confession now. I never knew until this Topic that there were two versions of the Heretic. I bought it on VHS years & thought that was the only version.

    Now I’m torn. I’m curious to know what the differences are, but I really don’t want to see the film:)

    in reply to: The Exorcism of Emily Rose #16703
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    This film bored me to tears. The courtroom drama was dull.

    The horror scenes are pretty poor. I mean am I the only person to notice that nearly all the horror scenes have someone walking down a hall or corridor? There’s about half a dozen scenes like that.

    It didn’t help that Emily barely says anything for about 40mins, so I was unable to emphasize with her.

    The German film “Requiem” which also deals with the true story is much much better. Even though it’s not a horror film.

    in reply to: Pazuzu and merrin had to know something #16490
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    The whole opening scene is a symbolic prelude to what happens later. For example in the commentary Friedkin explains the two fighting dogs represents “The Dogs of War” & so lets the audience know this priest is going have a confrontation later on in the film:)

    in reply to: Happy Birthday! #16234
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Whilst were talking about copyright, Captain may I have your permission to use your Pazuzu Image from the Wallpaper Section for my forum image;)

    in reply to: Happy Birthday! #16233
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    I’m sorry if I offend anyone, but I really can’t see what the big deal is.

    As I’m songwriter I’ve studied copyright law at Univeristy to learn how to protect my own work.

    So IMO this situation is a bit silly, “stopstealingmyimage” it’s not like you made the image yourself is it? You just scanned someone elses work & put it up on the net. If you actually made the image yourself then I’d probably sympathize, but as far as I can tell you didn’t, so chill.

    Whilst we are it “stopstealingmyimage” did you get permission from the person who actually made the image in the first place to put it up on the net?

    If you didn’t then you’re really in no position to have a go at Justy.

    Happy New Year to you all by the way:)

    in reply to: SEE THE FIRST 6 MINUTES OF DOMINION:THE FAN CUT #15865
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Thanks hatter for your reply. It’s great that your trying to make it creepier.

    I’m 50/50 on changing the ending. I get the reason for it I’m just not sure it would work. I suppose I’d have to see to make my mind up properlly.

    I was thinking when you’re finished maybe the best thing to do is upload it on the net then people can download it & burn it onto DVD themselves. There are a lot of people on this forum from all over the world & if you’re not going to ask them to pay for P&P it will cost you a lot of money.

    in reply to: SEE THE FIRST 6 MINUTES OF DOMINION:THE FAN CUT #15847
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Hi hatter76. Thanks for putting up that clip. Please bear in mind I haven’t watched Dominion for a while so my points may be… well… pointless:)

    Anyway. Your dark WB/Morgan Creek intro is much better than the original. Like Greg, the openening scene was very dark on my PC, but I do like the idea of the scene being at night & I really like the added sound effects.

    I must say I am curious to see what you’ve done with the film. Even though I do like the film (a lot!) I do feel it could of done with a couple of more scares or at the least be a little more creepier. Have you done something along those lines for your edit?

    Also, regarding the poor CGI (The Hyenas, the dodgy snake & cow scenes), have you made any changes there?

    Once you’re finished with your edit how will I & the good people at Captain Howdy beable to get hold of a copy?

    in reply to: Articles on Exorcisms & Satanism #15759
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Thanks Justin. Fortuantly I’ve found a site that doesn’t screw with the images. It’s called http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/ for those who are interested.

    Anyway, here’s the links. They’re nothing amazing but I haven’t contributed to the forum for a while now & this is the best I can do at the moment.Enjoy!!!

    Article 1 – page 1
    http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/6034/2001745361262078556_rs.jpg

    Article 1 – page 2
    http://aycu17.webshots.com/image/6416/2001751201011628306_rs.jpg

    Article 2
    http://aycu01.webshots.com/image/6760/2001791654371579337_rs.jpg

    in reply to: Favourite Movie Quotes #15758
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    “He’s not the Messiah… he’s a very naughty boy!””

    Life of Brian.

    in reply to: Your collection? #15568
    Father Merrin
    Participant

    Hey SLASHerMan I see you’ve got “Possessed” on DVD. Am I right in saying that’s the one with Timothy Dalton? Me & my mate watched that once & we thought it was so bad is was funny!!! I think I actually thought it was funnier than that foreign Exorcist 3 film:)

    PS. In no way am I having a go, I totally get why you’ve got it.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)