Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
hatter76
ParticipantI have used the ETB Battle in a nightmare sequence for the DOMINION Fan Cut.
But I reworked most of the shots to create something totaly diffrn’t, Merrin has a Dream early in Dominion, The Nightmare comes much later when things are sarting to get really shity between the natives and the british soldiers, Basicly this scene is showing Merrin what could happen if he dosn’t fight the Devil.
I know it’s taking along time to re-edit the movie, but it’s not easy, Ive hade to redo several things again and again because I want the picture quality as good as I can get it. I may post a few screenshots of the scene, but they would be spoilers, so I give a fair warning.hatter76
Participanthatter76
Participanthatter76
Participanthatter76
ParticipantI remember hearing about an Exorcist Tv remake/mini-series to be directed by Blatty, but that was before TVYNS came out, I would halfway be interested in seeing it, but only if Blatty directed it or had full creative controll over it, My only casting preferences would be Max Von Sydow(again) Or Stellan Skarsgard as Merrin, but thats just wishful thinking.
hatter76
ParticipantWell I have to redo the first 48 minutes, because the disc it was saved on had an accident, now ive got to redo that, but shouldn’t take as long this time, since I already know what the changes are.
I had hoped to have this ready by July 18th, It will probably take a week or 2 longer, but you never knowhatter76
ParticipantIve been posting this stuff, Im not going to feel bad for doing something where im no actualy gonna make a profit, it’s a labor of Love, but of course I don’t actually have the Money to print up a bunch of artwork and cases on my own.
But this term “Is it Legal?”.
Who the Hell really knows anymore, The Law is constantly changeing, theres less rites in th U.S now then their were five years ago, The people who make the laws have been bending and breaking them, Schrader,Blatty, & Friedken, have all been screwd over by WB and Morgan Creek, but the Wb and Morgan Creek Logos still show up in This Fan Cut(They still get credit) But an exception Is this Websites Logo Appears before theirs, as well as A Thankyou to it and The Fans.
And Yes I got Permission for That.
Now Please! Please This Legal stuff Is Harasment!hatter76
ParticipantI just finished the Video part of the second dream(Merrin’s Nightmare)Now I have to do the audio for it, It’s 3 minutes long, but it starts out With Merrin not knowing he’s in a dream, Then He starts to feel like he’s in the Twilight Zone, Then it becomes Hell, Then poof he wakes up.
I would love so muche to post screenshots, but if I did the it would be ruind, But I can say that it’s differn’t from the other Dreams in the Exorcist movies, At has no shots of the Dutch Village(I think people have seen enough) and all the Footage is from ETB, but of course this footage had to be reworked in order for it to suit this Movie, but also, it is a dream so things can be streched a little.hatter76
ParticipantI mainly watch it for the africa flashbacks, I do like the basic story, but Everybody acts like there high, Burton thogh looks plain drunk, but overall the part I truely cant stand is the voice of the Demon, sounds like a cheap impression of the with from the wizard of Oz, Perhaps they should redo the voce.
hatter76
ParticipantI will try too beef it up in some way(when I get to that part of the miovie) but I don’t want to go to far, perhaps when Im done with this one, I’ll make a cut Of Dominion where the only changes are the Title, Chche’s disaperaing body things like that.
hatter76
ParticipantI agree about the lightning Ive had second thoughts about it, but it’s not a done deal, these are not as easy as some would think because I did them frame by frame, the way older movies were done but of course with up to date tools, and as I said Im not even close to the exorcism yet, so there is room for refinement, I did inted Merrin to get A bit of a “Zap” Arond the area of his heart Hint-hint, If I had the right software theres so much I could do, but About all I could do for the eyes are a little flash, in any case don’t worry to much Im Not gonna if something really looks like shit, then theres no way Im having it in
hatter76
Participantnow still in the first hour of the movie but progress is being made, and even though im nowhere near the exorcism yt I have finished an fx shot, and im posting a screenshot of it, but it is a spoiler, so if if you dont want to be spoiled dont look
hatter76
Participanthatter76
ParticipantI thought I should give some sort of update on the re-edit, things are moving along slowly but surely Im still in the first 45 minutes, and the last half hour will be the most chaotic to do. It ocurred to me that The original release date I had herd of for this movie was July 18th 2003, that was nearly 3 years ago, even tho I hope to have it done earlier, I am Making July 18th 2006, the date that it will be availible at the latest.
hatter76
Participantit’s something I really don’t have the software to do.
-
AuthorPosts
CaptainHowdy.com The #1 Exorcist Fansite Since 1999