hatter76

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14779
    hatter76
    Participant

    are you talking about in the actual movie or artwork

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14761
    hatter76
    Participant

    Thanks for your input Mike, I spent about a dy and a half, doing the first 5 minutes, but it’s taken so long because ive been experimenting with differn’t approches and differnt video files, but now things should be going alot faster, I hope to have at least 30 to 45 minutes done by the end of the weekend, It’s been A Royal pain in the ass, but it is a labor of Love, I am going for a more gritty look in a few scenes, but that is mostly to give a little more atmosphere, I know there will be those who won’t like my version, and there will also be those who will, The movie is an individual, so I use that as ainsperation to make it somewhat differnt than the original, but from a story standpoint I wnat this to Complete the mythology.
    Some people Might think im taking a harlin approach, but All I can say Is going to be The best that I can do, I would love to do more, but I just don’t have the software, It’s also taking a while to do because Im really pushing for dvd quality picture and sound, but I still believe it will be a 9.5 at best 8.5 at worst, at the moment the special features and artwork are the last thing on my mind, but If anyone wants to post concepts for artwork and a menue screen, it will be greatly appriciated, I can really use the inspiration.
    As far as the Title is concernd, you never know maybe when Im finished and I look at it as a whole, I might Alter that title for you, We just have to see, I always pictured a trilogy,
    DOMINION, THE EXORCIST, LEGION.

    I will try to have some more screenshots in the next few days.

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14762
    hatter76
    Participant
    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14758
    hatter76
    Participant

    Im posting the first official screenshots of the re-edit, these are only from the opening of the movie

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14759
    hatter76
    Participant
    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14662
    hatter76
    Participant

    thanks for your opinion’s and support, unfortunately I just dont have the proper software to try and fix the cgi, I would if I could, ite now im waiting for some clips to process so that I can post them.

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14663
    hatter76
    Participant
    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14640
    hatter76
    Participant

    Hy I just got back fro st. Louis, im very tired, but I will do my best to get the 2 tests posted sometime tonight,and remember there just test, not a done deal, The New ideas about the title are interesting, but ultimately Im just the one trying to re-edit the movie, The opening titles is probablly the last thing I’ll do, But I suggest you guys have some sort of vote about the title, Justin please see what kind off footage you can dig up for the bonus disc, Any possible interviews with schrader, or behind the scenes, But we dont anything For ETB except the original teaser for schrader’s version and any other advertisment of it.

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14583
    hatter76
    Participant

    I’ll see what I could do about the Exorcism, I do have a 2nd dream sequence Im thinking on, It goes a step further than the first dream, And He would be seeing the soldiers and natives killing eachother, and everything turnig to shit(this is where I would Use some ETB Footage) This dream suggesting to Merrin that this is what could possibly Happen.
    So When He saves everyone at the end of the movie it’s much more stronger, I loved the fact that he was able to keep these people from killing eachother, in ETB they all died and so the end didn’t feel very great, But Dominion Has thr brightest and most Hopeful Ending of all the Films, thats one of the reasons I want to have the shot of the overwhelming power of the Light.

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14532
    hatter76
    Participant

    tHE LAST SHOT WILL DEFINATLY BE LIKE THIS, IT’S HOW i WANTED TO MAKE IT, BUT FOR PEOPLE THAT DISAGREE, I CAN PROBABLY DO AN ALTERNATE CUT(IN TIME) I’LL DO SOME MORE WORK ON THE DELETED SCENS AND SEE IF I CAN PERFECT THE QUALITY, I HAVE A PIECE OF MUSIC THAT IS GOING TO BE IN THE LAST SHOT, IT WILL LAST 5 TO 10 SECONDS, THEN SATAN’S MARCH WILL BE ON, I AM ONLY RECOLORIZING A COUPLE THINGS, i AM ADDING A FEW ADDITIONAL SOUNDS, BUT AS FAR AS EFFECTS GO, i WISH i COULD pEFECT THE HYENAS AND CATTLE BUT I CAN’T, BUT THE EFFECTS IM DOINING IS WHEN THE dEMON IS CAST OUT OF CHECHE, THE LIGHT IN THE DOME OF THE CHURCH IS GOING TO SHOOT THROUGH THE WINDOWS, AND IM ALTERING THE SHOT OF CHECHE’S BODY DISAPEARING, THAT IS THE ONLY SHOT THAT TRUELY BUGGED ME, NOW WE WILL SEE HIM LAYING THERE AND FADE TO WHITE WITHOUT IS BODDY DISAPEARING.

    IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE AN ADVOCATE ON THIS, IF ANYBODY WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO ME PRIVATELY, i CAN BE FOUND AT Gentlegiant783@aol.com.

    Oh, and as far as the title is concerned, It’s a matter of how many people are in favor of one or the other.

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14534
    hatter76
    Participant

    Thanks for your support and ideas Justin, I will probably make a few differnt endings available, How do you fell about the title?

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14536
    hatter76
    Participant

    Your dead on about Joseph, I almost shit my pants I couldnt stop laughing so hard in the theater, As for CheChe disapearing, I have something special plannd, I just ask that you keep an open mind.
    I was toying with a deleted scene a little while ago, It’s a bit better but still not quite up with the movie, so thats up to all of you as to wheter or not you could except the quality.
    I was also wondering about artwork for this dvd, my hands are so full with working on the film itself, that I don’t have alot of time to work on it, so I thought perhaps some of you might want to take a shot at the artwork and submit it to me, I value everybodys ideas on this, plus it’s not exactly fair that Only 1 fan works on this.
    I would also like this to be multible disc, with the Re-cut and some bounus matierial, Perhaps someone out there is brave enough to take on the task of putting the bonus disc together.

    And I need to know how I post pics on here or atleast links to pics

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14538
    hatter76
    Participant

    as far as trouble goes, The situation is this, it is by the fans and for the fans, this is nonprofit, if there is any payment at all, it would be for shipping, but also whoever wants to obtain it would have to show proof such as a photo of themselves holding an original copy of dominion, so if there is an issue is made about it, the fact stands that people are just getting a new copy of something thet already own, besides I think we would bee doing Morgan Creek and WB a favor by going through the trouble of presenting a better version of the one they releasd, Fan films are always encouraged, Fan re-edits are sinply the next step, it has already been done with some of the star wars movies, rite now a few Highlander movies, And here we have Dominion, A Movie that was shafted, it didn’t even get an average post production budget, and it was slapped onto dvd just to shut people up, I admit the best possible picture quality I could do for the movie is about a 9 or 9.5/10,
    but hey it’s a prequel so if there is a bit of grain then thats ok.

    Remember if anyone wants to talk to me away from the forum, I have already listed my email adress.

    Hopefully I will be able to present a few screenshots soon, but ass far as the completion of this edit I would place it around july, because I have to take my time to get things rite.

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14540
    hatter76
    Participant

    thanks that was one of my concepts for the artwork, I saw yours months ago and loved it to death, with the flashing captain howdy face, which reminds me The good Captain will make an extra appearance or two.
    And Justin I would Love to see your dvd cover.

    in reply to: A Fan cut of Dominion #14542
    hatter76
    Participant

    these are fantastic I love em

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 240 total)