Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Jason Stringer
KeymasterA few small hiccups prevented the video section launching this past weekend. Alas, a reward for those who are devoted enough to watch the forum for all the latest happenings… I will not hold out on you. Here is a direct link to the high-resolution Exorcist III Legion Morph Trailer!
http://www.captainhowdy.com/video/Exorcist3_RARE.mpg
Enjoy
Jason Stringer
KeymasterAwesome cover, Justin. Nice idea, too. You know, the E! True Hollywood Story is one documentary I am yet to see – and I badly want to!
Jason Stringer
KeymasterYes I agree with Father Merrin about the hypnotism scene. This is one moment from the book which really stuck out (as a good read) for me. I think that is the part of teh book where Blatty REALLY hits the spot. The pacing is just perfect.
Jason Stringer
KeymasterSend FanArt to:
contact[at]captainhowdy[dot]comJason Stringer
Keymasterthe father of regan is captain howdy
the satan with poseyo to regan the father of regan is satanJason Stringer
Keymasterthe best scenes is when regan suck the tobillo the invited to the party of chris
so!!! when down the spider walk and persigue to chris and sharonJason Stringer
KeymasterWell Granville, are you right in your
statements above.
I think, a movie about the history
of Damien father is needed.
This movie, should focus on the years
when he decide became Jesuit. But also, the movie must show the how and why started the problems as you said above:
crisis of faith.
I like your point of view about that. It is actually the point. Karras dreams as we saw in “The Exorcist”, gives an impression about his unfortunate crisis of faith. In Karras’s dream we can see his mother near going to the sub, as well as a medal is falling. My interpretation is twofold:
1.- He had already these kind of dreams before. Please, note that his mother and the medal falling are two things completely different, in principle.
However, I should say that both things
CAN BE LINKED.
2.- IT WAS TRUE, Karras’s mother going to the sub, means that she is going to the hell, with the deamon. Well, this conclusion is actually speculation.In additon, Karras’s problems are linked under the assumption that he had
confrontations with the deamon, before to know REAGEN.
In other words, the deamon knew in advance the “crisis of faith”, and the
deamon just try to exploit this unfortunate corner of Karras’s spirit.But, we need a movie, where Karras confront the deamon before to know reagen, and the he decide become ABSOLUTE Jesuit, astonishing his Harvard and John Hopkings collegues.
I think, this argument FITS the requierement: why the deamon knew very detailed weak parts of Karras.
Thanks Granville, for you unvaluable comments.Jason Stringer
KeymasterHi Gettho,
a few coments about your own edition,
Point 1.- Well, I am agree with you. But the movie needs the scientific demostration of the drastic change of Reagan. Otherwise, the basic coyunture of the movie would be solely religion.
Point 2.- Again I am perfectly agree with you. Such scene only try to introduce the deamon or bad spirits in a vulgar way.
The flash of the deamon on the wall, does not make sense. Actually, I fear more when lights are on-off-on-off.
Point 3.- Dear Ghetto, Karras’s mother had a strong influence on him. I should put an scene where Karras’s mother and Reagan, trying to attack him.
In this imaginary scene, Karras’s mother is also speaking as Reagen, in Latin, and she takes Karras, together with Reagen. Reagen is laughing.
Karras, astonishes by that, jump the
windown.
Point 4.- Nobody won. For the reason, dear Gettho, we are writting about that. A good movie would let open
several points, to make critics, to
the imagination of fans.
Have a nice day.Jason Stringer
KeymasterDear Diego,
we want to know what you mean. Try
to send your coments in english.
Thanks.Jason Stringer
Keymasterlolz.
hola a to2 xD
well im from Peru and i havent seen any other film of Linda =P
hmmm me gustan mucho sus iconos xP bueno eso era todo….
=] c ya
Jason Stringer
KeymasterI have the song and will make it available to download again soon.
Jason Stringer
KeymasterI wish I could watch the 1997 version. I do prefer the original version but TVYNS is sort of…fun lol.
Everthing is just so blue in the 25th version(; I think in the old version when colors weren’t been touched, it has more the “documantry reality” Blatty wanted.Jason Stringer
KeymasterYou’re back! Brilliant!
I’ve been checking the old link for months, including the past eight days, hehe.
Glad to see you all again(:Jason Stringer
KeymasterYeah, I think Jagged is right. The conversations between Karras and the demon in the book are pretty chilling, and they emphasize the difference between Regan’s style of speech and the demon’s. I would really like to know what Friedkin would do with it(:
Jason Stringer
KeymasterHas anyone seen All Is Normal yet? Her new movie? I saw the trailer, I think it’s pretty good. I’ve ordered Sweet Hostage and now i’m waiting for it.
I’ll let you know[: -
AuthorPosts
CaptainHowdy.com The #1 Exorcist Fansite Since 1999