Jason Stringer

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Introducing myself and my new mask. #20219
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    These look fantastic! Welcome to The Exorcist Fansite! Might want to post this in the correct forum, though? More visitors check THE EXORCIST (ORIGINAL) forum more than any. This one is reserved for pointing out problems with captainhowdy.com

    in reply to: Buy Linda Blair’s Top #20215
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I have to agree with Ghetto on this one.

    in reply to: karras doing the exorcism by himself! #20203
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Interesting topic.

    I think Pazuzu would have wiped the floor with Karras in a matter of minutes if he tried to perform the Exorcism on his own.

    The advice Merrin gave him definitely helped (“The demon is a liar”, etc.) and just the way Pazuzu ripped through Karras’ weakness toward the sight of his mother was evidence enough.

    I think if Karras performed the exorcism on his own, both he and Regan would have died.

    in reply to: Favorite Quotes #20194
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I actually say this one a lot to friends and family:
    “I love to talk film; to… critique…”

    Also, the way Kinderman says “Oh I know, I realise…” to Chris in her kitchen before going on about the fungus and penicillin.

    in reply to: Old lady in horse carriage in Iraq #20185
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Whoa! I agree, this is a Parallel Image, and I always thought it WAS listed in the section, along with the gentleman with similar whited out eyes as possessed Regan. My bad,

    New-look Parallel and Subliminal sections coming soon!

    in reply to: “I lied! You look like Sal Mineo!” #20177
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    *shudders*

    in reply to: Regan on your mantle #20165
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Great stuff, Justin!

    in reply to: where was the demon? #20159
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I agree with SLAM234 here – I’ve always believed Pazuzu yanked that subway moment from Karras’ mind and used it to mess with him once their paths crossed.

    in reply to: Levitation wires… #20132
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Wow, Justin – amazing work. The top animated gif is probably the best example. I still believe they did an awesome job concealing the wires, I guess because I’m like most, I was too engrossed in the story to be looking for things like this.

    in reply to: Karris’s Dream #20133
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I agree with colombiancannon, I always saw this as foreshadowing Karras’ demise.

    in reply to: SUBLIMINAL? #20134
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Guys, this thread is getting a little too personal… It’s great that we’re passionate but please don’t make personal comments toward people. Keep it on topic.

    in reply to: Karl – Attic Scene – HELP ME?!?! #20112
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I always heard “Very sorry. But you see? No rats.”

    in reply to: The evil snicker reappears in The Exorcist III #20104
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    If you can get it to me, Regan, I would definitely provide a download link for everyone!

    in reply to: Ninth configuration site with Legion pics #20105
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Awesome updates, Ryan. Your site continues to deliver the goods! Impressive work.

    in reply to: SUBLIMINAL? #20099
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Granted, technically there is no subliminal imagery in The Exorcist – technically.

    However the ‘flashes’ you refuse to call subliminal have been called that for decades now, right or wrong. People come here looking for those ‘subliminal’ images they’ve heard about that appear in The Exorcist (because yes – some people miss them when they watch it), and I want them to be easily found on the menu. So it’s as simple as that.

    It’s nothing personal at all – in fact I agree with you – they are NOT subliminal images – but I am not changing my menu name to reflect this, nor do I feel this simple site should have to try and change how things are referred when talking about The Exorcist. Warner Brothers still call them subliminal images – so does Friedkin, if I recall.

    And honestly, they are close enough to subliminal to be incorrectly labeled as such.

    I still haven’t had any worthy suggestions for an alternative – so the menu stays as is. I still have no intention of changing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 946 total)