Blizzi

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: For those that doubted Morgan Creek’s motivations… #17284
    Blizzi
    Participant

    “665 outta 666 people prefer The George C. Scott one with the dude from ‘Cuckoo’s Nest’!”

    LMAO! That was good!

    in reply to: I finally got around to drawing Him: #17286
    Blizzi
    Participant

    It’s very nice, M.I.K.E.. granville1, are the dinosaurs, flying saucers, mountains and trees all in the same drawing? It’s sounds very interesting! I doodle some but I can’t do a portrait like yours, M.I.K.E.. Every time I try to draw seriously it just ends up cartoony 😉 . I’m pretty proud of a Hitchcock doodle I did though 🙂 . Also, imho, a fairly good vampire. Can I interest anyone in looking?

    in reply to: I finally got around to drawing Him: #17289
    Blizzi
    Participant

    You’re very welcome 🙂 . You do a good pep talk too 😀 . *Ahem*… “Sis” M.I.K.E. 😉

    in reply to: I finally got around to drawing Him: #17290
    Blizzi
    Participant

    Hitchcock coming right up!

    in reply to: I finally got around to drawing Him: #17291
    Blizzi
    Participant

    This is Hitch with a few others I did at the time. I had taped them together then and well… I’ll just call it a set 😉 This is the vampire

    in reply to: I finally got around to drawing Him: #17293
    Blizzi
    Participant

    Thank you for your honest (and nice) opinion and good advice. I had taken a break for awhile… but I’ve been drawing all day today 🙂 I wasn’t interested for, maybe, a few months. I too find great improvements happen out “of the blue”. I finally “felt like it” and was better than I used to be. So, being bored with my old stuff, just anonymous people, animals and trees, tried something new. For the past few months I’ve been drawing away! It’s now unusual to find my hands without ink smudges 😉 I do tend to get my needle caught in a groove… I find an angle I’m good at and stick with it for a time… I’m trying to “keep on keepin’ on” though. Practice, practice, practice. (translation: patience x3.) This’ll be good motivation. An artist will be seeing my stuff 🙂 Anyway, these are my best (so far). I’m getting pretty sick of doing just profiles 😉 It’s the thing I’ve been working on last (I think I was subconsciously going for a Warhol kind of thing with the first one). Now I’m pleased with my profiles, I can work on something else. I have some rough practice drawings. You’ll get to see those when I like ’em.

    in reply to: The Haunted Boy, gone? #17269
    Blizzi
    Participant

    Good job, Captain! 🙂

    in reply to: Legion: Merrin, Jung, Teilhard, Gnosticism #17271
    Blizzi
    Participant

    Thanks very much, granville1.

    in reply to: For those that doubted Morgan Creek’s motivations… #17276
    Blizzi
    Participant

    I just skimmed, but I didn’t even notice anything about E3. Squeezing everything they can out the franchise. Blah.

    in reply to: Legion: Merrin, Jung, Teilhard, Gnosticism #17262
    Blizzi
    Participant

    btw, It’s the last thing I posted, so, top of the page 😉

    in reply to: Haha… Not helping… #17252
    Blizzi
    Participant

    btw, The title is A Home of Our Own (1975) 😉

    in reply to: Legion: Merrin, Jung, Teilhard, Gnosticism #17254
    Blizzi
    Participant

    Say, Professor granville1 😉 , could you clear up this short story for me? I like it alot, but I’m not sure if I’m missing something… seems to happen to me alot 😛 . Ps. This isn’t a complete plug for my blog… that’s only a bonus 🙂 http://frankensteinsfunhouse.blogspot.com/

    in reply to: Legion: Merrin, Jung, Teilhard, Gnosticism #17246
    Blizzi
    Participant

    I agree with M.I.K.E., so it’s 2 to 1 😉

    in reply to: Hitchcock: best, worst and fav #17251
    Blizzi
    Participant

    Thanks greg, I’m flattered 🙂 I liked the birds alot. The sound of the flapping… I can hear it now… lol. I read the story and found it just as creepy (if not more). The main character thinking of survival while the birds are coming at him with no concern for their own safety. It’s a scary thought that something so common could turn on us. I found the end of the movie spooky. Shadow of a doubt was apparently Hitchcock’s fav. Charlie and uncle Charlie being two sides of a coin; good and evil. Well put together, good acting (funny to see the sweet guardian angel Clarence Oddbody talking to his friend about the ways he could kill him!), Theresa Wright was very good and I liked the song 🙂 . Rope was not a typical “good movie”, but I’m quite fond of it. It’s more like a play than a movie. I was surprised at how much they got away with… the relationship between Brandon and Phillip. Considering it was the 40’s. I ghoulishly enjoyed the dark humor. I liked the song in this movie too. Rear window is my fav. Jimmy stewart is great *sigh* 🙂 . Witty dialogue, good plot. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pycho too, but it’s just so hard to choose. I enjoyed Vertigo but I didn’t really follow it the first time. A lttle like my trouble with Legion. I didn’t realize while reading it that it was the Gemini’s brother who was in Karras’ body before he died. Different topic 😛 I didn’t have patients for Topaz. Some kind of spy/conspiracy thing, I think. I only saw it once but I was so detached… I really tried though. Torn curtain held my attention better. Odd having Julie Andrews in a Hitchcock movie.

    Blizzi
    Participant

    Exactly. Regan has a good theory, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 612 total)