magus

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: My First Time Was Painful. #18535
    magus
    Participant

    In defense of the Friedkin commentary, I feel that TVYNS was also intended for the younger audiences and the “first timers” who didn’t get the full impact of the 1973 release (incidentally the year of my birth). We, as die hard fans, often take for granted the real magic of seeing the Exorcist for the very first time.
    In an age of sound bytes and short attention spans, sometimes there are those individuals who need the real meaning and the obvious narriative handed to them.
    I have two younger friends that have described The Exorcist as “silly” and “a shit piece”. But that very same “shit piece” caused my mother to “NEVER see that movie EVER again” after she saw it in the theater back in ’73.

    In the “Late Night Double Bill” chapter of the Mark Kermode book, Friedkin even states that they expected more from the audiences back then.

    For what it’s worth.

    in reply to: The Exorcist vs. The Real Thing #18544
    magus
    Participant

    What leaves me feeling uneasy about that line is that Karl says, “IT wants no staps” not “SHE wants no straps”!

    Think about it… (enter sinister laughter)

    in reply to: My VERY OWN DVD SET! #18501
    magus
    Participant

    Holy cow that’s impressive guys!

    Where did you score all that Exorcist loot!

    in reply to: The Shining – Hospital Scene #18503
    magus
    Participant

    Sweet!
    Shelly D… foxy!

    in reply to: “Seytan” shows up, with a new translation… :) #18502
    magus
    Participant

    Why can’t they obtain the rights to the shows and films and dub them in Turkish!?!

    in reply to: “Seytan” shows up, with a new translation… :) #18481
    magus
    Participant

    There’s some Turkish Star Trek and Batman you need to check out!

    Bu-bu-bu-baaaaad!

    in reply to: This Blew My Mind #18480
    magus
    Participant

    What are we looking at hatt?
    Where did that come from?

    in reply to: My VERY OWN DVD SET! #18474
    magus
    Participant

    Yes, we would love to see!

    in reply to: Iraq #18473
    magus
    Participant

    I have it too. It’s a very good read.

    in reply to: EXORCIST II: Definitive Edition #18472
    magus
    Participant

    I think that the time span was more of an implied thing and the cliff scene was just one of the highlights of the exorcisim.

    in reply to: DISCUSS THE OPEN LETTER TO WARNER BROTHERS #18459
    magus
    Participant

    All good things come to those who wait!

    in reply to: EXORCIST II: Definitive Edition #18458
    magus
    Participant

    First, I’d get rid of that terrible score. Maybe use existing pieces like Friedkin did in the original.
    Second, get someone that actually sounds like the Pazuzu voice.
    Third, I would completely remove the entire ending.
    Other than that, for me anyway, the rest of the film is watchable.
    I do really like the african boy’s exorcism scenes… powerful. The scenes are more accurate with the original than the two prequels. You know the whole “almost killed him/lasted a month” sort of thing.

    in reply to: Legion book: voices of the dead #18160
    magus
    Participant

    You had me going!

    in reply to: VHS Cover Designs #17210
    magus
    Participant

    Was that the one with the “green” border?
    I saw it at a local Blockbuster a few years back.
    Damn, I should’ve nicked it!

    magus
    Participant

    I wouldn’t mind the inclusion of the isolated audio track of the “real” exorcism of the boy that the Vatican sent Friedkin.

    Also, maybe we could get the DVD company The Criterion Collection involved. They have exhaustive versions of “Brazil”, “Naked Lunch”, among others.

    http://www.criterion.com/asp/

    http://www.criterion.com/asp/release.asp?id=51

    http://www.criterion.com/asp/release.asp?id=220

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)