The Exorcist Remake

Home forums Questions and Answers The Exorcist Remake

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  forwearemany 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

forwearemany
    Participant

The notion of a remake of The Exorcist has been suggested for quite a while now, given that many classic films have been re-made it would only be a matter of time before The Exorcist was next, however there seems to be a reluctance, or at least resistance to doing a remake, how can one improve on the original, particularly as it worked on a very simple premise, to tell a story, which it did remarkably well, the narrative was expertly handled, the acting was exemplary, and the movie drew you in to the plight of Regan, the mystery of faith was the strand which made the Exorcist the achievement it was, and still is.

forwearemany
    Participant

I have just watched a trailer for the upcoming Mini-series of the Exorcist to be shown on Fox in the Autumn, given that a trailer is a mish mash of the sum of it’s parts, it is difficult to give a fair and honest appraisal, it looks a very glossy project, with Geena Davis taking Ellen Burstyn’s role, however, it is only loosely based on “The Exorcist novel and film, I will watch with interest and offer a more informed critique having viewed it.

forwearemany
    Participant

In my summary of the trailer, I understood Geena davis was taking Ellen Burstyn’s role, I was totally wrong, Geena plays a character Angela Rance, the mother of an all new family, there are some surprising shocks and reveals as the series has continued, it is a marvellous series, and does nothing to undermine the original book or film, it is well worth watching.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.