I re-watched HERETIC recently

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Satanas
    Participant

I see your at it again. Looking for an argument. Very childish. Time to grow up.

fatherbowdern
    Participant

Mind reading is a craft, too.

Father B

Satanas
    Participant

More like attempting to provoke others behind the safety of one's computer screen as you are not adept of doing so face to face. The vast number of post you have left on this site gives you away. People that are insecure tend to find false paths as a means to make up for the lack of basic social skills they do not have. Some drink to drum up what is called liquid courage. Others like yourself live a virtual make believe cyber world where you pretend to be someone of importance which gives you cyber courage to cover up your lack of real world skills. You have emotional issues. Might be a good idea to seek out a mental healthcare professional who could help you get to the root of your problems.

fatherbowdern
    Participant

LSD has really impacted someone's mind. Cool

Father B

fatherbowdern
    Participant

Laughing

Satanas
    Participant

1659 post? Hmmm, talk about an impact on one's mind. Might be a good idea to go outside & get some fresh air it could do you the world of good. Staying inside 247 & prowling this forum looking for somebody to pick an arguement with makes you look rather childish & if your actually an adult even more so pathetic. By the way … You have been reported … Enjoy the aftermath you created.

fatherbowdern
    Participant

Satanas said:

1659 post? Hmmm, talk about an impact on one's mind. Might be a good idea to go outside & get some fresh air it could do you the world of good. Staying inside 247 & prowling this forum looking for somebody to pick an arguement with makes you look rather childish & if your actually an adult even more so pathetic. By the way … You have been reported … Enjoy the aftermath you created.

I don't really quite understand why individuals like you come to this site to belittle several members. Although I believe you are one in the same person who has had many pseudonyms over the years on here. Years?

That's right. Years. Those of us who really enjoy the site have been here for years and have added quite a few posts. (Pssst … you don't have to tell me the number of posts I have, it's right there on the screen for me and God to see.)

Thank you for “reporting” me. I will look forward to the aftermath although I shudder to think of the repercussions. I'm quaking and overwrought with despair.

Father B

Ken
    Participant

Father Bowdern said:

Satanas said:

I don't really quite understand why individuals like you come to this site to belittle several members. Although I believe you are one in the same person who has had many pseudonyms over the years on here. Years?

That's right. Years. Those of us who really enjoy the site have been here for years and have added quite a few posts. (Pssst … you don't have to tell me the number of posts I have, it's right there on the screen for me and God to see.)

Thank you for “reporting” me. I will look forward to the aftermath although I shudder to think of the repercussions. I'm quaking and overwrought with despair.

Father B

I once did that about nine or 10 years ago when CaptainHowdy.com was still very young and I was just starting out on the internet.At the time, it was hard for me to comprehend that I was actually addressing REAL PEOPLE! I guess that the only reason I am kind of putting in my two cents, is that I was intrigued by the discussion and became kind of shocked that an argument got started.This is a great website, and there are so many interesting people who help to keep this thing alive.Satanas offered interesting insights to “The Heretic” and you, Father Bowdern seem pretty cool yourself.Can you guys call a truce?

fatherbowdern
    Participant

LOL! Honestly, I've seen this a lot over the years and admittedly I'm old as dirt.

I believe this started with attacks against another member that I felt did not deserve it from this newbie. In a virtual world, we can never judge who is real, who just started another account to antagonize others, or if it's a lost or ousted member from the past coming back to haunt us.

In reality, this is not an argument by any means. No true mud slinging … just simple exchanges of silliness and quips. This site is intended to be entertaining. At minimum, we've had an exchange that has intrigued you, Ken. Smile

Father B

ChristCompels
    Participant

Hmm, so getting back to the topic of the thread. 

I just watched Heretic again not long ago, and I have to sympathize with Boorman's intentions for the film, though I still say that the “cornball” factor is through the roof throughout the movie. He simply should have just started from scratch (sorta speak) and came up with something else that would lay a better framework from which to depict the power of Goodness. He could have made a much better film even without resorting to the old tricks of the original. While I applaud him in not mimicking Friedkin's work, it is still overall a very grueling film (for me) to sit through. The soundtrack is especially tedious. 

Satanas
    Participant

Not having enough Mommy attention as a child has impacted your mind.

fatherbowdern
    Participant

Satanas said:

Not having enough Mommy attention as a child has impacted your mind.

Actually my mother died during my birth … although your statement is still mildly funny.

Father B 

Satanas
    Participant

Following others around the site. You must really be bored.

Satanas
    Participant

Actually I have never visited this site before. As I already mentioned I found it by chance & I am indeed new here. As for attacking this other person you have mentioned it's a pipe dream on your part. Another person here started a topic asking if others believed in demons. In turn I responded with my thoughts on the matter & this other person that post almost as much as you do for whatever reason? Maybe he felt it was his divine cyber right decided to go off the rails on me & then you chose to chime in so it's of your own doing meaning the two of you. Not me. If your more than willing to sling it out keep in mind it's not a good idea to throw waste into a strong wind as it more than likely will fly back in your face. I really do not care who you are & your cyber posting partner is here on the site as your nobody to me. I just happen to think due to the massive amounts of post you both have posted here on this particular site you have issues of wanting attention maybe posting on such a site fills the void of basic, general social skills you lack in the real world. Who knows? Anyway if you do not like what I have to post then it's very simple actually. Just don't reply. Unlike you I do not feel it's my divine right to come down on others here that post on the site & then attempt to twist things around once I've been called out. I'm just a fan of the exorcist. It's that simple. So that being said the matter has now been closed & there's nothing more to say. At least on my part. If you happen to answer which I think you will it will just prove my point & that point is you enjoy conflicts & having a soap box to preach & whine upon. You have been called out.

Ken
    Participant

ChristCompels said:

Hmm, so getting back to the topic of the thread. 

I just watched Heretic again not long ago, and I have to sympathize with Boorman's intentions for the film, though I still say that the “cornball” factor is through the roof throughout the movie. He simply should have just started from scratch (sorta speak) and came up with something else that would lay a better framework from which to depict the power of Goodness. He could have made a much better film even without resorting to the old tricks of the original. While I applaud him in not mimicking Friedkin's work, it is still overall a very grueling film (for me) to sit through. The soundtrack is especially tedious. 

I had the sad experience of seeing “The Heretic” at age nine when it opened theatrically.After hearing about the horrors of the original film, I was relieved to find that this film had none of it.To me, the film seemed more like a fantasy than anything else.As a direct sequel, it fails, but on it's own…..it reminds me a lot of a movie that Natalie Wood was working on at the time of her death, called “Brainstorm” that was released in 1983.Louise Fletcher was also in that one.It featured a machine in which you could experience the dreams of other people.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.