Jason Stringer

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: FORUM MEMBERS MUST READ!! #21459
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    fatherbowdern,

    Only this discussion forum changes. Everything else about this site remains in tact. All links, posts, images, txt, everything from the main page outward, remains.

    As for references and links already here in these forums, they will also remain. I will lock this forum so new posts cant be made, but it will all still be here for anyone to read or refer to, anytime.

    in reply to: FORUM MEMBERS MUST READ!! #21451
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    fatherbowdern, as I mention at the start of this thread, the new forum software I run with is very unlikely to be able to migrate these posts across because it will use a vastly different database. But I will explore the possibilities!

    This forum we are using now will not disappear. I will leave it here, locked, for referencing.

    Captain.

    in reply to: Heretic Pressbook #21428
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Yes Mikey, please share some scans if you get the chance!

    in reply to: No merchandise on the market? #21429
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I think it was a successful attempt to keep the film unsaturated, therefore ensuring it remained unique and mysterious.

    It worked fine until the internet, in my opinion – when images of Regan started to be easily accessible and thus ruin the mystique.

    NECA just bought the merchandise license and are producing figurines (The Spider Walk and the BobbleHead have been released), with more to come in the near future.

    in reply to: FORUM MEMBERS MUST READ!! #21425
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    The problem with an off-site forum, Ryan, is that your current login won’t work. Everyone would need two logins – one for the site to comment on posts, and another for the forum. I’d prefer to keep it simple and have one login take care of everything.

    There are phpbb forums developed to be plugin to this blog software (WordPress) which I am currently testing.

    in reply to: FORUM MEMBERS MUST READ!! #21413
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    You’re right Justy, WordPress provide such a plugin and I’m looking int that at the moment. I think many users here over a period of time have expressed preference for a PHPBB/Vbuletin board.

    in reply to: FORUM MEMBERS MUST READ!! #21409
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I’d prefer to stick with WordPress updates, mainly for security reasons, but also for compatibility and features for users. 🙂 Thanks Witch.

    in reply to: FORUM MEMBERS MUST READ!! #21402
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Most definitely will include an easier login method with the new layout. Will also consider the width/formatting of the next forum, thanks Jagged!

    in reply to: FORUM MEMBERS MUST READ!! #21405
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I will not be migrating away from WordPress. Only the forum plugin will have to change as WordPress progresses forward, there are no forum programmers keeping it working against wordpress update releases.

    I’ve spent a LOT of time and money to ensure hacking won’t happen again – and the site is backed-up every 6 hours. 😉

    in reply to: movies that rival the Exorcist #21368
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Ben, great list – though I am a little surprised to find JAWS missing! :O

    in reply to: My movies #21349
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Impressive work. I’m in the same game so I understand how much nerve it takes to post something like this and put your work ‘out there’. Kudos! It seems you definitely have a knack for camera work.

    in reply to: The Horrible HorrorHound Exorcist Retrospective #21350
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    This is a real shame. It could have been so much more. At least, as you say, there is something there for horror fans in general who may not know a lot about The Exorcist or have seen TFOG.

    And, to be fair, FOG did cover many bases. It would be tricky for any future articles to NOT fall back on it.

    The NECA cover is BLERG. There is a fine line between profit margin and selling out… The NECA stuff wouldn’t have been so bad with a different cover, perhaps?

    in reply to: Insanely Cool Item That No One Will Be Able To Afford #21351
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Yup, 90% of the stuff you see here has been provided by fans from around the world – that’s why it’s The Exorcist FANsite 🙂

    in reply to: movies that rival the Exorcist #21354
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Shining and Jaws absolutely. I watched Poltergeist recently and unfortunately it doesn’t hold up so much. It’s very clearly 80’s in a bad way… especially the animations. Might be due for a remake any day now.

    in reply to: Insanely Cool Item That No One Will Be Able To Afford #21341
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Wow that is an impressive eBay listing. Wish I had the cash.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 946 total)