Jason Stringer

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Reagan Dummy, Is It On Exhibit Anywhere? #21627
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I believe these items are in private possession (pardon the pun…).

    in reply to: The Exorcist Blue Ray DVD #21625
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Ryan,
    An unknown couple walk past the MacNeil house in Georgetown and Regan’s bedroom light is turned off (or on… it’s been a while for me, too!)

    in reply to: The Exorcist Blue Ray DVD #21620
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I’ll be getting it regardless of the print. It’s the special features that are the selling point for me.

    in reply to: The Exorcist Blue Ray DVD #21610
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    So, the new just dropped that the print being used will be The Version You’ve Never Seen… I can personally say I’m a little disappointed, I was hoping to at least have the option to watch the original. I guess we should have known.

    in reply to: FORUM MEMBERS MUST READ!! #21547
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    DRATS I missed my December deadline. So what else is new, Captain?

    I have found a suitable forum plugin and am just getting this ready to roll it all out in one swooping hit. New sections, new format, new categories, new forum… I continue to underestimate how much work is required!

    More details very soon.

    in reply to: Exorcist Secondary Bibliography — am I missing a book? #21538
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    That’s one impressive list of titles you have there, Ben!

    in reply to: The Exorcist Blue Ray DVD #21512
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Yer I posted this on the homepage 5 days ago… are you one of those who only bookmarks the forum, Ryan? It’s exciting news, to say the least! I hope they pull out many, many features for this release.

    in reply to: The Exorcist Blue Ray DVD #21514
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Ah, good call. I just pray this isn’t the ‘only’ feature.

    in reply to: Anyone ordered or read AMERICAN EXORCIST? #21503
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Ben, I still need to catch up with you in the city!

    in reply to: FORUM MEMBERS MUST READ!! #21475
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    That’s OK father, let me elaborate as simply as I can and explain a few things to help you out which the changes that will be occurring:

    First of all, nothing is happening on the 8th of December. I typed that these changes would happen ‘December 08’, meaning December 2008. Closer to the new year.

    I think your confusion has a lot to do with your understanding of ‘blog’. A blog entry is a news item I post on the main page. These are stored in a certain database and kept archived as part of the site.

    Think of it this way: You will be able to visit this site and click on Discussion Forum, like you do now, and this will take you to the new discussion board. There will also be a link called ‘Old Forum’ which will take you to this discussion forum, where all threads and posts will remain existent for referencing.

    Everything else about this remains the same, except for a new design and layout. More on that later.

    Does this make a little more sense?

    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Great link fatherbowdern. Interesting read.

    in reply to: Karras and the tape #21470
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Welcome to The Exorcist Fansite!

    I’ve thought about this also, and it would have been nice to see Karras connect the dots at some stage, but perhaps he never did? At the time of listening to the tape, he had no idea who Merrin was, so it would need to have occurred in a scene once Merrin is named to assist with the exorcism. From this point in the film, Friedkin definitely kicks things along quick-smart, so even if there was time for a scene like this, I think it would have found the editing room floor regardless.

    Still, there is no discounting the fact that the recording DOES say: “Merrin… he’s a priest!”, so you’d THINK Karras would connect those dots!

    Nice topic.

    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I’ve grown a nostalgic attachment to the film, I’m able to happily sit through it, admire Linda Blair and all her beauty and look past the flaws. That is, of course, when I choose to put it on…

    in reply to: Jesse Francos’ “Sexorcist” #21464
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I know these are hard to find. Rare treats. Sadly, I personally have not seen them.

    in reply to: tatler front cover 1974 #21458
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    WOW fatherbowdern, some scans would be great!

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 946 total)