Jason Stringer

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 946 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Regan on your mantle #20002
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I agree the likeness could be a lot better but hey — beggars can’t be choosers!

    in reply to: YouTube Reviews #20003
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Err yeah. Horrible review.

    in reply to: RARE STUFF #19981
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    You’re absolutely right, Ghetto. This is the entire take which would have been sent to the FX lab to have Dick Smith’s spray spew matted out and replaced with the ‘chunky’ spew at the request of Friedkin. That means the entire take would be on that reel, which Friedkin would have later spliced into the final cut of the film (using a re-print, of course).

    *Opens the wallet, searching for dollars…*

    in reply to: Exorcist remake cast and crew #19983
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I’d spend the entire film waiting for Danny Glover to deliver his famous line “I’m too old for this shit…”

    in reply to: RARE STUFF #19977
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Oh wow a 35mm matte print of the pea-soup scene! This is about as rare as they come!

    I have an 8mm digest print of the entire film – this would add to the film reel collection nicely!

    in reply to: SCHRADER’S X, a film by Tim Silano #19943
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    …and counting!

    in reply to: “help me” skin condition turned into art #19938
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Wow that is incredible! The bottom image in particular, with all the writing on her legs, is captivating. Great find Blizzi!

    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    The only other films that came close to scaring me the way THE EXORCIST did were THE SHINING and THE SIXTH SENSE.

    EXORCIST II: HERETIC was also scary, but in a very different way. 😉

    in reply to: If they remake Exorcist who must direct it? #19937
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    At first, I screwed my face up at the idea, but now, the more I think about it and read these replies, Mel Gibson is starting to sound like a reasonable choice.

    If only it were up to us fans to decide, eh?

    in reply to: RE: DVD Editions #19928
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Oh. WOW. I never knew that was there!! No kidding. Shamed!

    in reply to: RE: DVD Editions #19922
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I’ve never heard of nor seen this feature on any DVD releases. Where did you hear about it?

    in reply to: If they remake Exorcist who must direct it? #19919
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Two very intriguing suggestions, Xorcism. I hadn’t thought of those two and you gave great reasons why they might suit directing an Exorcist remake (*shudder*).

    Welcome to The Exorcist Fansite, by the way. 🙂

    in reply to: Film or book? #19920
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    Good point, Jagged… but that would mean less visitors! 😉

    in reply to: Film or book? #19913
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I don’t think we’re saying one is necessarily better than the other; we’re simply stating which we prefer when needing an Exorcist fix and reasons why.

    in reply to: Film or book? #19896
    Jason Stringer
    Keymaster

    I think it is probably because the movie is what first brought us to The Exorcist, so there is the nostalgic appeal. I have nothing against the book (it is a fabulous piece of text!) but I have a special place for the film and the way it scared me, so when asked to choose, I always say the film.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 946 total)